It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Last man standing/Stock ish truck race
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:26 am 

So I thought I should move this from the General Discussion to the run and events. had some pretty good feedback at the January meeting. February people seemed generally interested but not many people were there. Are we doing this? should I draft up some rules before the next meeting with what input I have had and we can talk about it for a minute?let me know! Ill copy and past some stuff from the other thread below

So as the newest member I thought I would try and head up one of Brian's ideas from the meeting last night. At lease try and get other ideas or input before the February meeting. Seemed like there was some interest in the stock truck challenge. Any idea's or input would be appreciated.

Locations: sounds like Dave you had a place in mind? I volunteer to bring some equipment over to help build/clean up if needed.

Rules: $500 limit seemed like a good cap? To high? Low? Should $500 exclude any safety additions? Cap on vehicle and tire size? That way you cant go get a $300 cherokee, cut it up and stuff 35s under it.

Stock truck challange/last man standing race format? Instead of just seeing what stock truck can make it through whatever course we build we could make a race out of it? Might need to make a rule that you have to remove all glass before the race. Could get messy.

Team or solo
In a race format we could do it in teams. Each member can have a non member co driver. Co drivers can act as a second set of eyes, mechanic, pit stop, tire change, paint ball gun operator, these are all just ideas.

Small entry fee/prize pot
$50 a team. Split it between the winner and the club? Split it winner and the club buys tri tip and we get the bbq going?

Trophy's/awards
Custom one of a kind home made webilt trophys. 1st place, 1st loser, best carnage, etc.

Please post up. Before next meeting I will compile everything and we can decide if this is something we want to do. If I put this on the wrong section of the website well i dont know how to move it

Jaime:Can't locate the original post, but according to past club minutes we orriginally looked at doing this february 2006
From what I can remember the original rules were:

$500 max on purchase of vehicle
Vehicle had to be in stock/factory condition (engine, trans, t-case, axles, steering
Could only go 1 tire size larger than what the vehicle came with, although I kind of remember a 31" tall tire limit..?
Had to have good working seat belts
Had to in good working cond. ( no major oil leaks, etc...)
Probably a few other things I can't remember.. :o

Each team had to have a support vehicle to pull out or assist if needed ( this was for the original thought of going to Fordyce, may not be needed for closed course.?)

We could use some of these, or brainstorm for new ones

I like Forrest`s idea of a buy in for a cash prize..

d

Longfields
Dual case 4:7 kit

07 dodge 5.9

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]