It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:15 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Snow Run 1/15
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:48 am 
Site Admin

So myself and a friend with an FJ60 went up to the snow today and here is what we discovered.

Drum Forebay had enough snow to play in but someone has put up a big metal gate and the first turn to the right so you can't go down along the freeway which was a fun place to go. So we decided to just go to Road 19.

Road 19 was packed with people trying to play in the snow so after pulling out an F250 that was stuck at the entrance to Road 19 we headed up the road. That first little spot where the creek crosses was really deep and the FJ60 got high centered so after a little tug he was out. Soon after we discovered that no one has been past this point. I tried a few times but the snow was soft and deep and I could only make about 5 feet each try and was was pushing snow with my bumper. I became obvious we were not going anywhere. When we stepped out in the snow we sunk up to our waists.

So we turned around and headed to Fordyce. This was much better, no crowds and a bunch of people have been down the trail. We got almost to driveline but the ruts were so deep the FJ60 was having issues so we turned around. The trail is down to the rocks/dirt in many spots and deep ruts in other spots. There is literally 4-6 foot banks on both sides and only a few spots to turn around. We had fun although I'm not sure it is actually legal to travel the trail since it is dirt in many spots.

Sierra was able to drive her new truck to the staging area, we did have to drag her out in a few spots but at least she tried.

Overall it was a fun day and i look forward to trying road 19 again in a few weeks.

Attachments:
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG [ 145.29 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG [ 147.77 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG [ 149.88 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG [ 140.85 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]