It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 pm 
WEBILT 4WD club member

Jaime, Dual stock cases behind an auto are more than slow enough! Come drive mine anytime and see! before you go too low!
I love the range selection I have. Auto trans in 1st, cases all in low, and it's slower than a manual with the clutch out. But all you have to do is apply a little brake and your as slow as you want.
Then, when you're up on an obstacle you don't have to worry about stalling or rolling back or side-stepping the clutch-gas-brake at the same time.
If I keep the cases in double low, I find im in the trans's second and third gears the most. Approx. Equal to manual's third and fourth before the torque converter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:15 pm 
WEBILT 4WD club member

Zach Ashton wrote:
Jaime, Dual stock cases behind an auto are more than slow enough! Come drive mine anytime and see! before you go too low!
I love the range selection I have. Auto trans in 1st, cases all in low, and it's slower than a manual with the clutch out. But all you have to do is apply a little brake and your as slow as you want.
Then, when you're up on an obstacle you don't have to worry about stalling or rolling back or side-stepping the clutch-gas-brake at the same time.
If I keep the cases in double low, I find im in the trans's second and third gears the most. Approx. Equal to manual's third and fourth before the torque converter.

Sweet,! 8)
I would love to stop by sometime and see how your dual t-case set works with the auto tranny,
I'm keeping the 99' t-case and will run either Inchworm or Marlins Tacobox set-up,, and stay with a 2.28 crawl box, (I have heard if you go too low with and auto tranny ,it's hard to stop,? :?: !)

Oh and Zach,,.... THANKS, 8) , again for all your advice and wisdom when it comes to Toyota wiring and all,! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 pm 
WEBILT 4WD club member

Well I finally got my rear ARB installed,!! 8)
now I'm air locker'ed up front/rear,
next I start on the body protection

Attachments:
DSC07748.JPG
DSC07748.JPG [ 144.88 KiB | Viewed 3180 times ]
DSC07747.JPG
DSC07747.JPG [ 139.68 KiB | Viewed 3182 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:23 am 
puddle jumper

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:30 am 
WEBILT 4WD club member

:D That's a pretty nice pattern! Sorry the last diff didn't turn out as nice, sometimes that happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:46 am 
WEBILT 4WD club member

Zach Ashton wrote:
:D That's a pretty nice pattern! Sorry the last diff didn't turn out as nice, sometimes that happens.

the other ring/pinion was a bad pattern from the get-go, so no worries ,I appreciate you trying to fix it,, but it was hopeless, :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:23 pm 
WEBILT 4WD club member

Well, it's now in good hands up in P-Ville........ :shock:

I, now can get back to basics with the 85 Runner.... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:16 pm 
puddle jumper

Booger Weldz, now you... I guess I need to get on the bandwagon and sell my rig too.

Nah. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:54 pm 
WEBILT 4WD club member

ErikB wrote:
Booger Weldz, now you... I guess I need to get on the bandwagon and sell my rig too.

Nah. Image

NO.... you better keep yours, it is dialed and wheels awesome!!
8)
I just needed to get back to basics,, and the 01 was just too pretty to take out and eventually dent up, (I'll leave that to the new owner!!),, the 85 I have now fits my needs well,, and now I can focus on wheelin the trails instead of making up excuses on why I cannot got out on the rocks with my friends....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:26 am 
WEBILT 4WD club member

Jaime wrote:
I just needed to get back to basics,, and the 01 was just too pretty to take out and eventually dent up, (I'll leave that to the new owner!!),, the 85 I have now fits my needs well,, and now I can focus on wheelin the trails instead of making up excuses on why I cannot got out on the rocks with my friends....

Oh no, heeeeeeeeees baaaaaaaaaaaack. :lol:

High Steer
Alcans/ orbit eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:45 pm 
WEBILT 4WD club member

Jaime wrote:
and now I can focus on wheelin the trails instead of making up excuses on why I cannot got out on the rocks with my friends....

You mean you made up excuses --- I though it was just the sales at the mall and the awesome speed bumps that kept you away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:03 pm 
WEBILT 4WD club member

toyfamily wrote:
Jaime wrote:
and now I can focus on wheelin the trails instead of making up excuses on why I cannot got out on the rocks with my friends....

You mean you made up excuses --- I though it was just the sales at the mall and the awesome speed bumps that kept you away.

Well......... the Mall speed bumps were quite challenging..!! although I really didnt have any problems,, it was quite fun in pulling the Honda,Acura,Mitsubishi type rigs off them,, I'm going to miss those days.... :cry: .......... NOT.!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3